Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Book Review - The Lightkeeper's Daughter

This is the first book I have read by author Coleen Coble and I am very impressed. The Lightkeeper's Daughter combines mystery and romance in a historical setting. I enjoy both historical romance and mystery, but this is the first book I have read which combines those two genres, so when I was offered the chance to review this book through Thomas Nelson's book review blogger program I was excited to receive it. The characters were well developed and believable. The story line caught my interest from the beginning and held it through the entire book. The romantic story line proceeded in a fairly predictable fashion, but the mystery had several several surprising twists and turns. One reason I enjoyed this book so much is that it is a "grown up" version of the style of mysteries I enjoyed as an adolescent.

At the end of the book I found myself wanting to learn more about the citizens of Mercy Falls and I look forward to reading the next book in this new series by Colleen Coble.

No comments:

Post a Comment